At Positive Directions, people learn the skills necessary to lead an alcohol/drug free lifestyle and to make positive decisions in their lives. The program provides individual, group and family services in day and evening rehabilitation programs, based on the 12-step disease model approach to sobriety.
The program’s three basic components include:
The program is designed to help patients who lack social support systems and have problems coping with physical health and social issues. The program's hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
This program is for patients recovering from moderate-to-severe abuse or dependence where there is a substantial risk of relapse. Patients must also who hold a full-time day job or attend school. A Spanish-speaking group is available.
The basic goals of successful treatment are: to promote and maintain abstinence from alcohol and non-prescribed drugs; to prevent deterioration in the patient’s skills of daily living and relationships with family and friends; and to help patients develop healthier behaviors as alternatives to drinking and using drugs.
We welcome individuals with DWI cases who need assistance in meeting their legal mandates.
A multidisciplinary treatment team will develop an individualized treatment plan for each client that may include the following components:
- Evaluation related to issues of alcoholism/substance abuse and gambling
- Medical evaluation
- Psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Group and individual counseling and education
- Vocational assessment and counseling
- Nutritional assessment and counseling
- Recreational assessment and counseling
- Random and periodic toxicology screens
- Client advocacy with community agencies and social services
- HIV education, supportive counseling and referral
The program's hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Positive Directions317 S. BroadwayYonkers, NY 10705Phone(914) 378-7965