Saint Joseph’s has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Westchester County. It is the Emergency Medical Control Hospital for the City of Yonkers. The department is staffed by a highly qualified and experienced team of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and emergency department technicians, who respond to medical emergencies ranging from fractures to heart attacks.
The Emergency Room includes:
- A Fast Track system for evaluating and treating small emergencies quickly
- Psychiatric treatment facilities
- Dedicated asthma treatment area
- Special protocols for chest pain and strokes
- Dedicated radiology suite to expedite diagnosis and treatment and reduce waiting times.
The New York State Department of Health has designated Saint Joseph’s Medical Center as a stroke center, which means staff are specially trained to provide state-of-the-art treatment for strokes. In 2021 Saint Joseph’s received the Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Silver Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart/Association Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients.