92 Yonkers Avenue
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
The Maxwell Institute offers intensive and clinic-level outpatient chemical dependency treatment and education services for adults, adolescents, and their families. All services are provided by LCSW/LMSW social workers and Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASACs).
- Comprehensive evaluation services
- Treatment services for co-occurring disorders, including on-site psychiatrist and nurse
- Treatment approaches include CBT, motivational interviewing and DBT skills
- On-site self help groups
- Psycho-education groups including, but not limited to: early recovery, relapse prevention, coping skills, women's group, couples, family and individual sessions
We pride ourselves on matching treatment services to the needs of the individual. Maxwell’s treatment programs are consistent with community-based support groups and clients are encouraged to attend these self-help activities. Staff work collaboratively with patients who have a private psychiatrist or therapist.
Our chemical dependency programs offers medication-assisted treatment to support the recovery process. In conjunction with participation in a counseling program, medications such as suboxone and naltrexone have been shown to reduce the euphoric effects of opioids such as heroin, to reduce cravings and to ease or eliminate withdrawal symptoms. Click here for information about opioid treatment services.
Maxwell offers an outpatient adolescent treatment program for teens ages 13 to 17 who are struggling with substance abuse. Group sessions take place on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at 92 Yonkers Avenue in Tuckahoe.
The adolescent program provides group therapy on topics such as:
- Education on the disease of addiction
- Developing positive coping skills
- Self-esteem issues
- Boundary issues
- Social issues and peer pressure
- Family issues
Meetings with the adolescent’s family and additional support systems are scheduled as needed.
For more information about Maxwell’s adolescent program, please call (914) 337-6033
The Maxwell Institute is a Community Fund supported program