At Positive Directions, people learn the skills necessary to lead an alcohol/drug free lifestyle and to make positive decisions in their lives. The program provides individual, group and family services in day and evening rehabilitation programs, based on the 12-step disease model approach to sobriety. The program’s three basic components include:
The program is designed to help patients who lack social support systems and have problems coping with physical health and social issues.
This program is for patients recovering from moderate-to-severe abuse or dependence where there is a substantial risk of relapse. Patients must also who hold a full-time day job or attend school. A Spanish-speaking group is available.
The basic goals of successful treatment are: to promote and maintain abstinence from alcohol and non-prescribed drugs; to prevent deterioration in the patient’s skills of daily living and relationships with family and friends; and to help patients
develop healthier behaviors as alternatives to drinking and using drugs.
We welcome individuals with DWI cases who need assistance in meeting their legal mandates.
A multidisciplinary treatment team will develop an individualized treatment plan for each client that may include the following components:
- Evaluation related to issues of alcoholism/substance abuse and gambling
- Medical evaluation
- Psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Group and individual counseling and education
- Vocational assessment and counseling
- Nutritional assessment and counseling
- Recreational assessment and counseling
- Random and periodic toxicology screens
- Client advocacy with community agencies and social services
- HIV education, supportive counseling and referral
Contact UsPositive Directions
317 S. Broadway, 2nd Floor
Day Rehab: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Evening Treatment: Monday Tuesday and Thursday, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Click here to learn more about the addiction treatment programs at St. Vincent's Hospital Westchester